I want to encourage you to never let anyone tell you that you are not special. Read the following words and be assured of what our Heavenly Father thinks of you.
“For You created my innermost parts; You wove me in my mother’s womb. I will give thanks to You, because I am awesomely and wonderfully made; wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well.”
Psalm 139:13-14 (NASB)
What really defines you as an individual is not about what you but about who you are. I like what the Message Bible says in Psalm 139:13-16, “Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; you formed me in my mother’s womb. I thank you, High God—you’re breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made! I worship in adoration—what a creation! You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something. Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you, the days of my life all prepared before I’d even lived one day.”
Here is a small start on who you are:
- Sometimes you may feel unlovable, but God says you are forever loved.
Romans 8:38-39 (NASB): “For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- Sometimes you may feel weak, but God makes you strong.
Philippians 4:13 (NASB): “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.”
- You recognize You are a sinner, but God says you are to forgive. Psalm 86:5 (NASB): “You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to you.”
- Sometimes you may feel broken, but God says He makes you whole. Colossians 2:10 (NASB): “And in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over every ruler and authority.”
- Sometimes you may feel rejected, but God says you are His.
Isaiah 43:1b (NASB): “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!”
- Sometimes you may feel alone, but God is always with you.
Joshua 1:9b (NASB): “Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified nor dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
- Sometimes you feel like a failure, but God says you are victorious in Christ.
I Corinthians 15:57 (NASB): “But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- Sometimes you may be worried, but God says you have peace.X
John14:27 (NASB): “Peace I leave you, My peace I give you; not as the world gives, do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, no nor fearful.”
- Sometimes you may feel you are nothing special, but God says you are fearfully and wonderfully made.
Psalm 139:14 (NASB): “I will give thanks to You, because I am awesomely and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.”
- Sometimes you are afraid, but God says you are powerful, loved, and have a sound mind. 2 Tim. 1:7 (ESV): “For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.”