What do I do when things just don’t seem to be working out? What do I do when I encounter a situation: perhaps it’s a relationship need, a business deal, a health issue, or a financial decision?
Here are a few thoughts:
- Search His Word: “My son, observe the commandment of your father and do not forsake the teaching of your mother; bind them continually on your heart; tie them around your neck. When you walk about, they will guide you; when you sleep, they will watch over you; and when you awake, they will talk to you. For the commandment is a lamp and the teaching is light; and reproofs for discipline are the way of life.” Proverbs 6:20-23 NASB
- Seek counsel: “Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.” Proverbs 11:14 NASB
- Commit your decisions to Him: “The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.” Proverbs 16:9 NASB
- Trust in the Lord: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6
- Walk with confidence: “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” 2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV