THE ROAD TO SIGNIFICANCE
Essential Ingredients for Cultivating Greatness in Your Business
1. KNOW WHAT YOUR BUSINESS STANDS FOR: It has been said, “More than ever today, customers don’t just ask what products do you offer? They also ask what values do you and your business stand for? Put values first.
2. KNOW THE WHY OF YOUR BUSINESS: For what purpose does your business exist? How does your business make a difference in your clients’ lives? Put clients first.
3. SEEK THE EDGE IN YOUR BUSINESS: Roger Bannister broke the 4-minute mile in 1954. He was asked how he did it. He said these words, “It’s the ability to take more out of yourself than you’ve got.” The question we need to ask in relationship to business is, “How can we take more out of ourselves to achieve the seemingly impossible in our business?” Stretch your goals.
4. FIND MODELS OF GREATNESS: Find those people, those businesses that inspire you the most. What is it about them you would like to emulate? What are some changes that you can make today to be like them? As Edwin Cole once said, “Change is not change unless we change.”
5. COMMIT TO PERSONAL GREATNESS: Your business is a direct reflection of who you are and where you are. It only grows as quickly as you do. Proverbs 22:29 NASB says, “Do you see a man skilled in his work? He will stand before Kings.” What changes can we make to unleash our own greatness?