“Let us not grow weary in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.” (NASB)
It was Tom Brokaw who said, “It’s easy to make a buck. It’s a lot tougher to make a difference.” To make a difference is really about impact – the kind of impact that we have on people. That impact can be either negative or positive. What we hope for and strive toward would be to have that positive impact where we are helping to make a difference. I would challenge you to think about the different ways you make an impact.
1. We make an impact with the words we say. Are we that encourager, that lifter upper?
2. We make an impact through our decisions.
3. We make an impact by example. In other words, is our life style consistent with our words?
4. We make an impact through our time – the time we spend building relationships.
5. We make an impact with our body language. My dad used to tell me, “Son, if a man does not look you in the eye he is probably not being honest.”
DECLARATION: I will make a conscious effort to be continually concerned about
the impact I am making on others.